Hi!

>It *is* useful to be able to create converters that have access to
>conversation scopes, which in turn mean they need to be instantiated by
>pulling them from Spring. But this syntax is already supported by jsf:
>  <someComponent id="comp2" converter="#{convId}"/>

I don't think so. Isnt it that the value binding should return the converter id
instead of a concrete instance?

Also, I'd like to have the converter stuff implemented in a way which nicely
integrate into JSF - as it is today. Otherwise you have to create a new way to
define such converters.

I don't want to make it more complicated just to avoid this JSF 1.2 oddity.

Isn't there any tool which will help us to check about any JSF 1.2 usage?

Ciao,
Mario