Hi!

I have the need to do a partial model update for given components on ppr
submit. (subform won't work here)

I have a form with a couple of input fields, lets say FIELD_A, FIELD_B,
FIELD_C, FIELD_D - all in one form.

FIELD_A is required
now, after something has been entered in FIELD_B, FIELD_C should be
updated from the server using the data of FIELD_B.

For this to work, I thought extending the new pprSubmit component with
something like updateComponentIds="". You then will be able to have a
commandLink (probably hidden) with <s:pprSubmit
updateComponentIds="FIELD_B" /> (comma separated list).

The PprPhaseListener then has to do some magic to only update/validate
those fields and skip the normal JSF phases.

I'll going to add that stuff if no one objects.

Ciao,
Mario