From: Scott O'Bryan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2008 4:39 PM
To: MyFaces Development
Subject: Re: JSF 2.0 component set

Bruno, I totally agree, but we don't want a lot of dead projects out
there either.  My point, and I think Simon's as well, is that much of
the contributions to the MyFaces Projects and renderkits comes from
companies and individuals who have a vested interest in supporting the
existing renderkits going forward.  Getting MyFaces core up to 2.0 is
going to take away interest from the new project as is getting
renderkits like Trinidad to be JSF 2.0 compatible.  This is not to say
that there isn't an interest in this, but one could spend hundreds of
developer hours getting their head around Trinidad alone, and without
the support of the majority of those currently active in the community,
this project may be doomed from the start.  You may be able to leverage
some resources from other projects by moving as much stuff as possible
into the commons, but projects of this scope take a lot of time and my
guess is that you're basically looking at growing a new community.

I would seriously look at bringing a project of this scope into
incubator first.  It'll hopefully help you to build the community you
need.

Scott

Bruno Aranda wrote:
I don't see why not we could start a new component set for jsf 2.0 if
there is enough interest within the developers and users. This is a
community thing and if people worked heavily in such a project and
the
result was good, I don't see why it should not exist. If others want
to maintain Trinidad and Tobago, any help is welcome too. At the end,
it is up to each individual :)

Cheers,

Bruno

On 31/03/2008, *simon* <[EMAIL PROTECTED]