Hi Bernd,

I've finished with the major changes in tidying up the Codehaus
apt-maven-plugin if you fancy taking a look:

http://svn.codehaus.org/mojo/trunk/sandbox/apt-maven-plugin/

Major changes:
- Manually merged in any exclusive features I could see in the Tobago version
- Big refactor to simplify code
- Added integration test intrastructure with a few tests to start with
- Supported plugin dependencies (TOBAGO-130/MOJO-1072)

I've also just removed any Java compliation support from the plugin
since I couldn't see any advantage of duplicating this with the
maven-compiler-plugin.  Can you see any problems with that?

A few further points I'd like to ask you about:

1) Do you use extra source roots?  I'm tempted to remove this
parameter since it tends to go against the standard of using the
project's current source roots.

2) Do you use the resource target path parameter?  I'd have thought
that the apt factory should control this.

3) Do you use the target files parameter?  I wouldn't have thought
you'd need such fine-grained control of source files to process when
using Maven.

4) Do you use staleness checking?  I'm not too convinced by this
implementation since it checks source files against class files to
determine staleness.  This is a problem when using -nocompile as the
class file timestamp has no correlation with the staleness of
generated resources.  Auto-compiling IDEs then also pose a further
problem since they never let a class file become stale, hence
resources are never generated with apt.

I'd be interested in any feedback on using this plugin with Tobago.
Feel free to move any existing JIRA issues across to the apt component
in MOJO:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MOJO/component/13192

Cheers,

Mark