+1 for:
- removing most final modifiers
- going from private to protected on most renderer methods
- and adding more customization hooks in the renderers

I also think that these should not be made backwards compatible.
Basically a use at your own risk deal. That way Trinidad developers
have the freedom to refactor and improve renderers and users have the
ability to customize them with an assumed amount of risk.

-Andrew