That's fine. So it's looking like we still need a project name. I suppose I agree with the:

myfaces-commons-[projectName]-[module] format but with one exception. The "core" should simply be myfaces-commons-[projectName]. So using the example below, we would have:

trunk
 myfaces-commons-[projectName]
 myfaces-commons-[projectName]-validation
 myfaces-commons-[projectName]-bean-validation

branch
 1.1 branch
   myfaces-commons-[projectName]

Are the validations and bean validations available for 1.1? If so, we should also have a mechanism in the build scripts where we can compile and test the validation and bean-validation packaged against the 1.1 code base to ensure all the contracts are followed.

Scott

Gerhard Petracek wrote:
hello,

+1 for a separated core jar-file too!

it isn't about what's possible or not...

anyway, in my opinion we have to find a compromise.
we will not find a solution everyone will completely agree on.

the compromise:
- core
- validation (which provides our annotations - we can switch the name)
- bean-validation (which provides the jsr 303 impl.)

which means:

- trunk:
 - core (for jsf 1.2)
 - validation