+1 for the "shared" module.
it would be my second question to use it.

the reason for choosing commons as the first one was:
if we have stable common source code within a separated module also other
external extensions, projects, ... could use it.
(it isn't that important for state manages. but there are also some other
useful parts.)

however, as i said - i also see the disadvantages.

anyway, for me the most important issue is not to have more and more
redundant source code.

regards,
gerhard

--