Hi!

Ok, just to say something here too.
If you are going to create an accessibility application you have to put more work into it than just adding an ALT text to your images. Since a "meaningful" default text is not easy to find, if not impossible, my vote is:

that means:
- log a nag warning
+1 probably configurable. something like org.apache.myfaces.ACCESSIBILITY_WARNINGS=true|false with default to "true".

- render a non-empty alt attribute with a "meaningful" default text if the developer
   omits the attribute (or provides an empty one)
-1
(a) don't output ALT. This screws all blind users, but in an obvious way so that QA departments can easily detect it and tell their developers to add the needed alt attributes. And it is not our code that is at fault.
+1
(b) output empty ALT. This screws all blind users, but it cannot be detected by validation. And it is our code that is at fault as well as the user code.
-1
(c) output ALT with "ha ha no description". See (b).
-1

Probably we can use the "title" text as default for the "alt" if there is one. For sure, the Tomahawk components (e.g. tree2) need to be fixed to properly render an ALT attrbute.

Ciao,
Mario