Hi!
One possible enhancement to the error handling feature of myfaces could be the capability of redirect to a jsf page.
Any concrete use-case for this, or just yet another "cool-we-can-make-it" thingy? ;-)

Seriously, what's wrong with the error page capabilities of the webapp container?
Instead of error-code you can have error-type. Never used, tough.
Probably it would be enough to learn the Faces-Servlet to unwrap the real exception instead of introduce another error handling stuff.

Even this I'd do with a Faces-Servlet wrapper, more like a general purpose exception-unwrapper-servlet so that this can work with Mojarra and whatever.

Ciao,
Mario