Hmm..actually, in most cases it's even easier than that. I hadn't noticed, but the root apache parent pom now defines and enables the snapshot repository by default *for dependencies*. So normally there is nothing to do (and I've tested this).

But at the moment, as your error message shows, there is a snapshot-level *plugin* required to build tomahawk. And the root apache pom does not enable the snapshot repo for plugins, just for dependencies.

So it is still necessary to add the apache snapshot repo to your ~/.m2/settings.xml, at least in this case.

Stick the following in your ~/.m2/settings.xml file:

 <profiles>
   <profile>
     <id>apache.snapshots.profile</id>
     <activation>
       <activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault>
     </activation>
     <repositories>
       <repository>
         <id>apache.org</id>
         <name>Maven Snapshots</name>
         <url>http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository</url>
         <releases>
           <enabled>false</enabled>
         </releases>
         <snapshots>
           <enabled>true</enabled>
         </snapshots>
       </repository>
     </repositories>
     <pluginRepositories>
       <pluginRepository>
         <id>apache.org</id>
         <name>Maven Plugin Snapshots</name>
         <url>http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository</url>
         <releases>
           <enabled>false</enabled>
         </releases>
         <snapshots>
           <enabled>true</enabled>
         </snapshots>
       </pluginRepository>
     </pluginRepositories>
   </profile>
 </profiles>

Regards,
Simon

[EMAIL PROTECTED] schrieb:
Not true, Matthias.

One way to build tomahawk is to check out the root of the tomahawk project, and build it all. But even that will probably not work because tomahawk trunk can depend on myfaces trunk etc.

The right solution is to add the myfaces snapshot repository to your ~/.m2/settings.xml file. This is described on the wiki somewhere. Then you can build just one module without problems. The snapshot repo lives at:
 http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository

This snapshot repo cannot be defined in the pom.xml (well, at least it must never be defined in any actual release). I guess we could add it as a profile, though, and have that profile not enabled by default. Probably not a lot easier though...

Regards,
Simon

Matthias Wessendorf schrieb:
That was already discussed.
You need to build everything... in order to build something from
(tomahawk) trunk

-M