The Jira permissions settings cannot be adjusted on field level.
As a workaround I added a new "MyFaces Screen" configuration to Jira.
With this configuration the "Fix version" field should no longer show
up on the "Edit" screen.
I activated this scheme for Trinidad.
Please check it out. If ok, I will activate this scheme for all other
MyFaces projects as well.

--Manfred