Well then we have to go for a custom tag, we cannot put
the myfaces attribute into f:ajax, due to TCK restrictions, we probably have to roll
an additonal myfaces:ajax tag!

I have no objections to that, since we add a load
of optional enhancements to the javascript core anyway, so adding
an additional tag under the myfaces or tomahawk umbrella is a non issue to me.

Werner

Ganesh schrieb:
Hi Matthias, Simon (K.) and Werner,

Sorry I need to come back on this again. We had agreed on putting the extension attributes within f:attribute tags nested in f:ajax to avoid compatibility issues with other implementations. In the meantime I realized that f:ajax is a facelets-only tag, so additional tag attributes aren't declared in a taglib, would be ignored by other implementations and cannot be detected by the TCK. So, I changed my mind and now would prefer

<f:ajax myfaces="pps:true, queuesize:1"/>

over

<f:ajax>
   <f:attribute name="myfaces_pps" value="true"/>
   <f:attribute name="myfaces_queuesize" value="1"/>
</f:ajax>

because the former is less verbose and better readable.

Can you agree with these new arguments?

Best Regards,
Ganesh