Hello everyone:

I checked what has been done on the Partial Response Writer for the Rendering. It is very basic, so I would propose following enhancement.

Since we need separate eval blocks for javascripts, we implement a PartialResponseWriterImpl which fetches the scripts from components and later allows those scripts to be pushed into the eval part of the partial response.

There is a reason for that.

Although we have embedded javascript parsing in our javascripts I would see that as optional feature for badly behaving component sets.

The normal way for a component writer still is:
a) startElement("tagName", component)
b) writeAttribute...

write

c) endElement

The way Trinidad and others did it was simply to check for scripts at startElement and push them into a separate eval datastructure later to be processed (in our case after the update part of the p
PartialResponse a separate eval stage has to be added)

I would start to work on this issue if it is ok with anyone...
The entire functionality should be put into our PartialResponseWriterImpl not into the API, and will be hooked into

processPartial of PartialViewContextImpl

I am not sure how to deal with script src="..." on the protocol and javascript level.

Werner