On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 15:49, Matthias Wessendorf <mat...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 5:57 PM, Cagatay Civici <cagatay.civ...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I've question regarding licensing.
>>
>> For a side open source project(PrimeFaces), I needed access to package
>> private StateWriter class and as a hack I added com.sun.facelets package to
>> the project. That way I got the access for that class.
>>
>> Does anyone see a legal issue here?
>
> no, why ?
> you just fake the package in order to get more "to see"

Hmm. Don't think it's _that_ easy.
For instance the "java." and "javax." namespaces are reserved and must
not be used by any (official) product that does not implement the
regarding JCR.
However. I am not a lawer and I have no idea if that also applies to
"hacks" and I do not know if there is a precendent about using a
foreign reserved domain name as java namespace.
My feeling is, that it is ok for the hack. But I'm not totally sure.
--Manfred