2009/7/6 Leonardo Uribe <lu4...@gmail.com>:
> Hi
>
>  Just note that all tag hierarchy is generated on all myfaces core versions,
> so all classes on org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.taglib package and inner
> packages but UIComponentELTagBase and core.SelectItemTagBase are not used.
>
>  Right now, shared project contains:
>
> - Renderer code, to make possible reutilize it in tomahawk
> - Utility jsf code.
>
>  I think it is a good time to create shared/trunk_4.0.x branch and add it as
> dependency to myfaces core 2.0.x. Note that this branch needs a dependency
> to myfaces api 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT. We need to add shared 4.0.x branch (and
> myfaces core 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT) to continuum server to get nightly builds (I
> don't have access to that location, so I can't do it!).

Do you mean Shared needs a dependency to Core and Core needs a
dependency to Shared? Why is that? It sounds like a bad thing.

> I remember an approved vote to put myfaces core 2.0.x as trunk, but it was
> delayed to way 1.2.7 and 1.1.7 release. This is a good time to change it,
> create shared branch, put on continuum and also solve shale test (or myfaces
> test) jsf 2.0 problem.

I can remember that discussion. Who can fix the SVN thing? And
Continuum, who has admin rights to set up Continuum? I don't even know
the URL to Continuum. :-)

I can fix the tests if no one is working on it. What do you think is a
good package name? Shall I refactor org.apache.shale.test.* to
org.apache.myfaces.test.*? I can also implement the mocks, since they
simply return null most of the times. I can also imaging Shared being
a better place to put such code (than Core)...

/Jan-Kees