It's never too early for an alpha release if you ask me. It gives us a
more reliable view on where we are.

I saw some activity on the f:ajax tag. Is that one good enough to use
as an example for the f:validateBean tag? Unfortunately, I haven't yet
had the time (and in depth Facelets 2.0 knowledge) to implement it
from scratch, but a working example makes things much easier... If so,
Bean Validation would be ready.

/JK