Marius Petoi wrote, On 12/11/2009 1:14 AM PT:
Hello,

This is related to the JIRA issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRINIDAD-1043, regarding the replacement of legacy XSS files with CSS files in the Tinidad skinning module. I have a couple of questions.

First of all, @import should be supported in CSS. What should the syntax of @import be?
The syntax would probably be @import, but this is something we'd have to have a discussion about on the dev list. This might be something we don't need to port over right away if we combine our .xss files correctly. I'm not sure without looking into it in detail.

My second question concerns the "includeProperty" tag from the XSS files. Should this be supported in the CSS also? Or is the alias mechanism covering this feature enough.
No, we do not have this feature yet in CSS. This should be supported as well, I think, to be able to port the XSS files over to CSS. I think this is more useful that @import.
Here's an example of its usage from base-desktop.xss

<!-- AFVeryDarkForeground is the darkest foreground color in the core (green)
      color ramp -->
   <includeProperty name="AFVeryDarkBackground"
                    propertyName="background-color"
                    localPropertyName="color"/>

Thank you in advance for your answers!

Marius