Sounds cool.
+1 for CODI.

other ideas:
- trigger cdi-events from a actionsource2 as mentioned here:
http://www.seamframework.org/Community/JSFEventsAndCDIEvents
  --> you could use cdi-events instead of jsf-actions/jsf-actionlisteners
- producer methods for any JSF related objects such as FacesContext,
ELContext

- jsf view scoped is planned for next weld releases as mentioned here:
http://www.seamframework.org/Community/JSF2ViewScopeInCDI

Another idea: IMO it would be cool to define the way how properties are get
and set from the EL (field or property access). So #{myBean.myProp} should
access myProp directly in the case of field access and use
setMyProp/getMyProp in case of property access. OR-mappers provide that
functionality already it would be cool to add that functionality for EL as
well. I've written my own EL Resolver to use that functionality but as a
built-in feature it would be much cooler ;-)
There could be a addional context-param in the web.xml to configure the
EL-property-access.

Alex

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards
Alexander Bell