HEy Mark,

interesting found!

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 6:25 PM, Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de> wrote:
> I found the following source in UIData of the latest from trunk (2.0.0):
>
>    protected void setDataModel(DataModel dataModel)
>    {
>        throw new UnsupportedOperationException("this method is here only to
> maintain binary compatibility w/ the RI");
>    }
>
> which make a few libraries crash.
>
> Is there any reason for that change?
> Or better: is this defined in the JSF-2 spec?

Nope, I'd say. This has been done almost 4 years ago:
http://bit.ly/bXtzWq

I took a look at the "official" JavaDoc and they actually say
something meaningful...
http://java.sun.com/javaee/javaserverfaces/2.0/docs/api/javax/faces/component/UIData.html#setDataModel(javax.faces.model.DataModel)

> What is the reason for that change?

<log-message>
added 23 methods for binary compatibility w/ the RI
12 methods throw UnsupportedOperationException in this commit
added 1.5 features to FactoryFinder
added new class called HtmlColumn
</log-message>

I can track down 2morrow if there was some *old* tck issue or similar

-Matthias