Hi Martin,

There have been some proposals for GSoC. One is the app engine support
(which is also available by now for MyFaces 2.0, but too small for a whole
GSoC project) and the other one is a HTML 5 renderkit (or component set).

Ali Ok is really interested in doing those two. In fact, he already did the
first one (see [1] and [2]) and he created a google code project for the
HTML 5 renderkit (see [3] and [4] for details).

Furthermore Matthias Wessendorf said that he is interested in mentoring
this.

Regards,
Jakob

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-2504