Hi,

as mentioned before ([1]) an HTML5 renderkit could be a neat MyFaces
project for the
Google Summer of Code program. A student (Ali Ok) already showed
interested (see [1]).

Ali created already some google code project to "prototype" HTML5
stuff in vanilla Facelet
XHTML fragments (see [2] and [3]). However the real work has not started!!

I think now it is time to write a wiki based on previous discussions
and the quick tryouts.
I create a pretty empty wiki page (see [4]) to collect ideas and
write-up some summary.

For the actual implementation/code: We can't use the "prototyping"
project ([2]). Instead
we have to go through the ASF process (dev@ mailing list, JIRA, patch, etc.)

Ali: Can you update the project ([2]) to make clear that this is only
for prototyping?
Not the real implementation ? Do others agree ?

-Matthias

[1] http://old.nabble.com/-GSoc--Google-Summer-of-Code-Idea-td27040478.html
[2]
http://code.google.com/p/myfaces-html5-starter/source/browse/#svn/trunk/src/test/resources/tag-interface