MyFaces is open to any help. The way to get started is to check out
the code, get familiar with it and then check the Jira bug log. Any
open-unassigned issues are a good place to start. Most ppl. start by
tackling issues that affect the projects they are working on, so one
idea is to have a project using myfaces that you can build and tweak
and while doing so contribute.

Contributing to the project involves submitting mailing-list answers,
creating JIRA tickets and submitting patches for existing JIRA
tickets. MyFaces committers will then review the patches and commit
them to the code base if they look good.

Sorry, I do not know how KDE development works, so I cannot speak to
that part of your question.

-Andrew