-1. I really don't like it. It should be an implementation detail of the
ChangeManager to either replace/chain the attribute change in the
addComponentChange (or any other change for that matter). We have an
implementation on our project doing just that. That method would make no
sense for our use case and would introduce backward compatibility issues. I
could change my opinion, but I'd like a detailed use case as of why this
cannot be just an implementation detail before I do.

Regards,

~ Simon