On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 1:18 AM, Ali Ok <al...@aliok.com.tr> wrote:
> Hi,
> I see onclick, onmouseover, etc. attributes of <h:outputText> are passed
> thru and rendered.
> For:
> <h:outputText id="..." value="test" onclick="alert('click');" .../>
> I got this with MyFaces 2:
> However, Mojarra ignores 'onclick':
> HtmlTextRenderer[0] of MyFaces, which extends HtmlTextRendererBase,
> renders[1] pass thru attributes of HTML.COMMON_PASSTROUGH_ATTRIBUTES[2];
> while Mojarra ignores onclick on <h:outputText>.
> Is it OK to pass thru some attributes that are not defined in the spec?

since <h:outputText> is very simple (one reason why it is not a
ClientBehaviorHolder), it's correct
to ignore those attributes... I am actually surprised that something
like this is not triggered by the TCK

On the other hand, it does not cause big issues, other than blowing up
the markup, which is expected
if you are specifying things like the above attrs.

> I couldn't find anything about onclick, onmouseover, etc. of <h:outputText>
> in

that's right, not there. It's a (very) simple component.

--
Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf