Hi

I think in my personal opinion the target of myfaces-test and what is
proposed in this project are two different things.

- myfaces-test aims to provide a jsf test environment for artifacts like
components, attached objects(converters, validators ....) or things related
to myfaces core itself (test state saving stuff, if some algorithm is
working or not,....). The usual test case is for example the user wants to
know if the component do something, or if the renderer output some expected
output.

- The proposal for GSOC aims to provide a jsf test environment that will use
different containers and the objective is make test that could be run
against different server configurations (for example, run some tests against
different web.xml configurations).

Really what I like about use myfaces-test is the ability to run the tests
using junit in eclipse and set breakpoints. It is very, very simple, so if
it is necessary to make tests about some component or some feature in
myfaces core, in my opinion the preferred option will be use myfaces-test.
Sometimes it is not required to test in different containers or server
configuration to know if the code works or not, so the important thing to
keep in mind is use the right tool for the job.

I would like to have the ability to set breakpoints with eclipse or other
IDE, at least on a single container with this tool, but I think as long as
it can do what is expected it is ok.

Let's see what happen with this project.

regards,

Leonardo