I've been out for a while, so it might be a stupid question. Do you serve
the script via a servlet or is the file served directly?

I ask because last year I did some performance tests for a client and having
a servlet write a string is very expensive, compared to serving a static
file. 100ms vs.10ms in my test environment.

For this reason, I enhanced my maven build to package all script files into
one big, compressed one which was put into the webroot and served directly,
when in production mode. When in dev mode, I served the separate, raw files.
This (among other things) made the application very fast. (I used a
yuicompressor maven plugin)

I didn't use jsf, but a custom framework, but I think this should be doable
in myfaces too. Or maybe it already does?

My 2 cents...

Regards,
Jan-Kees

Sent from my HTC.