Hi guys,

> right now for this feature, I think a close integration to Trinidad
> does make sense,
> since we already have window handling, including lifecycle and an
> (complete) event system.
> Hence the proposed API is "just" a small addition.

certainly this makes sense from your current point of view - but it
does not help you with more people adopting Trinidad. Trinidad is
already widely seen as a rather monolithic block of something which is
just too large - splitting this up into parts which deal with clearly
defined responsibilitiies would make a lot more sense. I am not saying
you can add a small API more to this monolithic block, I am just
saying it would make sense to at one point of time split this up into
something which is reusable elsewhere in the world.

And if you put your ASF hat on, Matthias, you know this ;)

best regards,

Martin

>> 2010/7/19 Blake Sullivan <blake.sulli...@oracle.com>
>>>
>>> Thanks Gerhard.
>>> Did you want Trinidad to be configurable to delegate to Orchestra if its
>>> available, in this case?
>>> -- Blake Sullivan
>>>
>>> On Jul 19, 2010, at 12:23 AM, Gerhard Petracek wrote:
>>>
>>> hi blake,
>>> it's similar to the conversation context id of orchestra - we just have an
>>> id for every window.
>>> (in case o...@windowscoped we just add a component to the view-root (before
>>> the page gets rendered).
>>> the window id is stored as state of the component. in case of jsf 1.2 and
>>> redirects we need an url parameter for the get-request. the implementation
>>> is pluggable - so it's possible to provide a custom implementation for
>>> storing and restoring the information. in case of jsf 2.0+ and redirects you
>>> won't see an url parameter. in this case we use the flash scope to store the
>>> required information.)
>>>
>>> i'll add all the details to the wiki page [1]. i've finished the
>>> implementation of the first draft by the end of last week. so i've to
>>> cleanup some parts and i've to write further javadoc and documentation.
>>> regards,
>>> gerhard
>>> [1] http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Extensions/CDI/DevDoc/Conversations