I created (about 2 months ago) some tests with webapptest for ExtVal and it
worked very well.  So for me, the project can 'graduate' to a normal project
if you ask me.  There are also plans to use it as testing framework for
extval.  see (1).

regards
Rudy.

(1) https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/EXTVAL-119