On Dec 7, 2010, at 4:42 AM, Mark Struberg wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Isn't the single EAR classloader the parentClassLoader of the WebApp
> ClassLoaders? I do not really undrestand the problem here... Using only 1
> classloader for the whole EAR (including webapps therein) would make the
> re-deployment of single webapps impossible. But this is needed as far as I
> remember the spec...

Could you quote something?  I've never seen any requirements even vaguely
resembling this, geronimo has never implemented anything like this, and we've
certified a lot of versions.  Recently several of us have looked carefully at
the ee spec and think that 1 classloader per ear is definitely allowed.

thanks
david jencks