This is NOT for osgi.  The ee classloading model does not require a separate
classloader for each war in an ear, whereas currently the myfaces api
implementation assumes that web apps can be distinguished by the thread context
classloader.  So the idea behind the patch is to provide a way to plug in a way
for the environment to supply the correct myfaces context depending on which
web app is active on the thread.  Most of the time (tomcat, jetty, plain wars,
app servers that do provide distinct classloaders for wars in an ear) the
existing implementation will work fine.

I didn't see a reasonable way to do this without another module, and since it's
for modifying the behavior of the api classes, I don't think it will fit into a
module used for any other purposes.

We haven't found any problems running myfaces in geronimo 3 web profile under
osgi (after creating the single api + impl bundle), so I'd be interested to
know what problems Leonardo has run into.

And, sorry for sounding disgruntled.... I didn't realize 2.0.4 was a kind of
emergency bug fix release.

thanks
david jencks