Hi all,

Today I found some time to work on the draft for the new community
documentation. This email is a status update and todo list:

   - http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Drafts/Site/
      - some small improvements. I consider this page "finished" for now.
   - http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Drafts/Site/Core
      - now contains basic info on the Core project as well as a short
      getting started guide.
      - TODO: the getting started info was written for the 1.2 version. Can
      someone confirm that the info presented is still valid for 2.0?
   - http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Drafts/Site/Tomahawk
      - added a getting started guide.
      - TODO: check if the getting started info is still valid for 2.0
   - http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Drafts/Site/Sandbox
      - only basic info. Considering the dynamic nature of the sandbox, I
      think we should keep it this way.
   - http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Drafts/Site/Trinidad
      - added a getting started guide.
      - TODO: check if the info is still valid for 2.0
   - http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Drafts/Site/Tobago
      -  only basic info
      - TODO: add a getting started guide - some help is appreciated here; I
      do not have any experience with Tobago
   - http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Drafts/Site/Orchestra
      - only basic info
      - TODO: add a getting started guide
   - http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Drafts/Site/PortletBridge
      - only basic info
      - TODO: add a getting started guide. Help needed, I don't have any
      portal skills...
   - http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Drafts/Site/ExtVal
      - getting started guide added
      - TODO: link to / copy the existing wiki pages from the ExtVal
      project, as they already contain a lot of good stuff
   - http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Drafts/Site/CODI
      - added some basic info
      - TODO: add a getting started guide. Help needed here...
   - http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Drafts/Site/Commons
      - page does not yet exist...
   - http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Drafts/Site/Test
      - Very short introductory text
      - TODO: expand basic info
      - TODO: add getting started guide
   - http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Drafts/Site/MavenArchetypes
      - Added overview of available archetypes
      - Added short getting started guide.
      - I consider this page finished for now.

Please let me know what you think of the drafts so far. Any help with
expanding the texts as indicated by the TODO's in above list is highly
appreciated!

Best regards,
Bart

*Bart Kummel*

Author of the book Apache MyFaces 1.2 Web Application
Development<http://tinyurl.com/am12wad>
blog: BK <http://www.bartkummel.net/> | twitter: @bkummel
<http://twitter.com/bkummel>