Hi

There is a patch proposed (after many months thinking about it),
according to the discussion on:

http://markmail.org/message/kca64ojdvb6em367?q=%5Bcore%5D+performance:+TagAttributeImpl+part+II:+object+allocations

here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-3160

The idea is cache ValueExpressions when necessary to reduce
unnecessary object allocations and increase speed, because EL parsing
is also avoided when necessary.

I think it is a nice optimization. The idea is detect when the
VariableMapper has a value and if so, do not cache any expression.
Additionally, use a volatile variable to store expressions.

The patch adds a new web config param called
org.apache.myfaces.CACHE_EL_EXPRESSIONS to enable/disable this
feature.

@Martin Koci: since you was the one proposing this optimization, it
could be good if you can check if it is worth or not (I'm 99% sure, so
any help to reach 100% is welcome!) . If that so, I'll commit the
proposed code.

regards,

Leonardo Uribe