What I meant is <f:validateBean disabled="#{yourElExpression}

I e.g. use this when I need open a search dialogue in a new window. Most people
use immediate="true" for that but that has the nasty side effect that you loose
all the entered value in the other fields of your dialogue. A conditional
validateBean works great for that.

LieGrue,
strub

>________________________________

to disable validation completely, just prevent client side behavior (if
thats possible).

> [...]
>>        return true;
>>    }
>>
>>    public void processEvent(SystemEvent event) throws
>>AbortProcessingException {
>>
>>FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().getAttributes().put(Constants.WIDGET_BUILDER_ATTR,
>>
>>new WidgetBuilder());
>>    }
>>}
>>
>>However, this system event listener seems to be called too late, as
the
>>ExtValLazyRendererProxy tries to encode components first. This leads
to an
>>exception at application start:
>>
>>java.lang.NullPointerException
>>at
>>org.primefaces.component.dialog.DialogRenderer.encodeScript(DialogRenderer.java:51)
>>at
>>org.primefaces.component.dialog.DialogRenderer.encodeEnd(DialogRenderer.java:43)
>>at
>>org.apache.myfaces.extensions.validator.core.renderkit.ExtValLazyRendererProxy.encodeEnd(ExtValLazyRendererProxy.java:76)
>>at
>>org.apache.myfaces.extensions.validator.core.renderkit.ExtValRendererWrapper.encodeEnd(ExtValRendererWrapper.java:358)
>>at
>>javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeEnd(UIComponentBase.java:535)
>>at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:626)
>>at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:622)
>>at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:622)
>>at
>>org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.FaceletViewDeclarationLanguage.renderView(FaceletViewDeclarationLanguage.java:1320)
>>at
>>org.apache.myfaces.application.ViewHandlerImpl.renderView(ViewHandlerImpl.java:263)
>>at
>>javax.faces.application.ViewHandlerWrapper.renderView(ViewHandlerWrapper.java:59)
>>at
>>javax.faces.application.ViewHandlerWrapper.renderView(ViewHandlerWrapper.java:59)
>>at
>>org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.RenderResponseExecutor.execute(RenderResponseExecutor.java:85)
>>

>>Primefaces rejected this an an error in their code. Is there a way
that
>>within myfaces-extval-core, it can be made sure that system event
>>listeners are called before the lazy renderer starts its work?
>>
>>Thank you very much for your help,
>>
>>Best regards,
>>
>>Heiko
>>
>>If you are not the intended addressee, please inform us immediately
that
>>you have received this e-mail in error, and delete it. We thank you
for
>>your cooperation.
>>

>>If you are not the intended addressee, please inform us immediately
that you have received this e-mail in error, and delete it. We thank you
for your cooperation.  dis