My recommendation is that we set up an AdminGroup, probably with all
committers in it.

Then we add additional people to the ContributorsGroup as desired.

http://wiki.apache.org/general/WikiFrequentlyAskedQuestions

http://wiki.apache.org/general/OurWikiFarm
=============
per wiki access control - tighten your wiki just a little, benefit just a lot

Long sub-title for a fairly long subject.

The MoinMoin wiki is very configurable, more so than some might think.
Of course, wikis are meant to be open, for complete and utter open
collaboration. That is appreciated. However, there are some that would
like a balance between open wiki and having to spend time cleaning up
spam each week. Times change, and the reality is, spammers are here
and in greater numbers than before. What can we do? Well, here is a
suggestion - and one that can be easily implemented and takes but 2
minutes (for infra) to set up.

Have your project wiki editable only by a custom trusted group - that
need not be committers only - it can in fact still be anybody who
wants to edit your wiki, they just need to ask one time for edit
access and thats it. Is this an incovenience? To ask once for access,
I don't think so. After all as a potential contributor to your wiki
you (project) will already be conversing with the potential
contributor via the mailing lists right? How much pain is it to add
someone to the custom trusted group once it has been set up? , no pain
at all, a member of the projects AdminGroup edits one wiki page, adds
the users WikiuserName to the bottom of the list and save the page! 10
seconds maybe and your done. For the amount of times you will have to
do that as opposed to the amount of times you spend cleaning up spam -
you work out which is better.

The spamassassin wiki is a good example - those in the project wikis
AdminGroup can add folks to the projects ContributorsGroup and that's
it. How much spam has spamassassin received since this was setup ?
Zero, Zilch, Nil, Nada.

Remember also, any page can have its own access control which
overrides and per wiki and per farm defaults - This page does just
that, as does LocalBadContent and BadContent pages.