Hi,

Since sdk 14 cannot be bundled in the main tree, I think it would be a
better idea to make an mcu specifically for the nrf52840 (or whatever
models have usb) adding the external sdk as a dependecy. This way it
would not "break" the other included nrf5x bsps.

Also "newt" could probably be improved to work better with external
repos in a way that does not need editing of repository.yml. One such
way could be to bundle a file with list of external repos that might be
used by an included package in a way that, if I create a new target
using bsp/mcu X is can automatically detect that this needs an external
repo, ask  permission to fetch it, etc.

Also curious about other's opinions!

Cheers,
Fabio Utzig