In the sys/config package, there are two main flags to test against in code, depending on your implementation:

 * CONFIG_FCB (storage in FCB)
 * CONFIG_NFFS (storage in NFFS)

https://github.com/apache/mynewt-core/blob/master/sys/config/syscfg.yml

I'd like to add config key-pairs as an option to a sensor driver (the TSL2591 I submitted a PR for), to reload the integration time and other settings on startup, and persist changes when made, but am I correct that there isn't a single higher level 'CONFIG' flag and I'll need to test against both of the values above to determine if the config system is present or not? It seems not, but maybe I'm missing something.

Would anyone else consider it 'cleaner' to add a single flag that is defined in either case (more if another persistance layer is added in the future), since the API itself makes FCB or NFFS (or ???) mostly transparent?

Kevin

PS: As a side note, persisting the NFFS partition to an external file under ARCH_sim would make certain test cases easier., storing values across reets and builds. If this seems useful to anyone, I can raise it as a Github issue and look at putting a PR together?