Hi Will,

On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 04:25:41PM -0800, will sanfilippo wrote:
> I read this over myself and it looks good to me. What I am not sure I
> understood, and still not sure I do, is the sectors where these MMR will go.
> Are these going to go into some write protected location? Or will they just
> so somewhere that does not get erased when we do image upgrades? Not sure I
> need to understand either :-)

That is a good point.  The firmware probably ought to write protect
the extra MMR areas at startup.  Ideally, the `sys/mfg` package which
reads the MMRs would do this automatically.  This package can do this
using the `hal_flash_write_protect()` function, but that is just
software protection.  I don't believe we have support for generic
hardware-based protection.

Chris