Hello all,

I've recently pushed my patch implementing low power in the LoRa stack (
https://github.com/apache/mynewt-core/pull/1670). It does this by using the
os_cputime functions for the non-critical timing tasks (such as scheduling
a retry, or delaying for a reset), and using the normal hal_timer functions
only for scheduling the RX windows (which needs to be very precise) and
turning them on and off only as needed. The os_cputime should be configured
in the BSP to use the low power timer.

One problem I ran into was that turning a hal_timer on requires that you
pass a hardware-specific cfg struct into the hal_timer_init function. This
means that the LoRa stack can't turn the timer back on on its own. To get
around this, I declared two function prototypes that the user must
implement that turn the timer on and off (lora_low_power_enter and
lora_low_power_exit). Is there a better way of doing this?

Amr