Hi Chris,

I've fetched your fixes and tried to build a split image with the same
parameters as the
ones I used to open this issue:

1) loader app:

*newt target show thingy-loadertargets/thingy-loader
app=@apache-mynewt-core/apps/bleprph
bsp=@apache-mynewt-core/hw/bsp/nordic_pca20020
build_profile=optimized
syscfg=BLE_LL_CFG_FEAT_LE_ENCRYPTION=0:BLE_SM_LEGACY=0*

2) user's application:

*newt target show split-apptargets/split-app
app=@apache-mynewt-core/apps/splitty
bsp=@apache-mynewt-core/hw/bsp/nordic_pca20020
build_profile=optimized    loader=@apache-mynewt-core/apps/bleprph
syscfg=BLE_LL_CFG_FEAT_LE_ENCRYPTION=0:BLE_SM_LEGACY=0*

3) Build output:

*newt build -v split-appBuilding target targets/split-app2019/04/27
15:58:05.226 [WARNING] Transient package @apache-mynewt-core/apps/bleprph
used, update configuration to use linked package instead
(@apache-mynewt-nimble/apps/bleprph)Error: Two app packages in build:
apps/bleprph, apps/splitty*

So, this must be an other issue than the one you've fixed then...

Regards.

/joseph