On Fri, Jun 21, 2019, at 12:39 PM, Sterling Hughes wrote:

 > Most of the technical conversations happen on the pull requests
> themselves, I think this is fine.  It’s archived, and people have an
> opportunity to review & comment.
>
> Slack is largely for support, with the occasional “what do you
> think?”   So long as that comes back to a conversation on a pull
> request or dev list, I don’t see a huge issue.

One way to make it more accessible for posterity is to run a daily task on
builds.apache.org that runs a bot subscribed to the slack channel, pulls all
conversations and deploys to some place like mynewt.apache.org/slack... I
double anyone would ever access that but at least it's in the open instead of
requiring people to join the channel, and it's logged forever...