Hi,

On Thu, Jan 9, 2020 at 9:37 AM pei cao <loccs.cao...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi~
>
> I'm trying to measure the power consumption of the nRF52840 chip , which
> runs the nimble full stack.
> However, the mynewt RTOS seems to bring too much noise and deeply effect
> the measurement.
> I want to use nimble without RTOS so that I can get pure measurement
> results,is it possible? Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks for any help.

You can't run NimBLE without RTOS since it needs OS to work, i.e. it's not
a bare metal code.
What do you mean by "bring too much noise"? If you want to measure power
consumption of nRF52840 then just do not run NimBLE on it. If you want to
measure power consumption of nRF52840 running full NimBLE stack (I assume
controller+host) then OS is just one of the components of overall power
consumption. Make sure that you do not have unnecessary stuff enabled in
your build (so there are no unused peripherals enabled) and use app which
works like a regular product (so e.g. does not have console where all debug
output is printed) and you will get pretty much accurate results.

Best,
Andrzej