Mynewtites,

It looks like master has stabilized, and we're pretty much done with B1 bugs:

The remaining issues are here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20MYNEWT%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20v0_8_0_beta1%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC

They consist of:

- Adding a download to the downloads page, which contains the release
- Fixing license dependencies

The latter, I think, has been successfully resolved on dev@mynewt and general@incubator -- the consensus being that we can go ahead with the release, and remove the LGPL dependency in the newt tool after the B1 release, so long as we add a notice in the release notes and NOTICE file.

SO, I'll defer to the other mentors here, but I believe the process is:

- Add release notes to the mynewt distribution
- Tag the tree with a B1 release tag (mynewt_0_8_0_b1_tag)
- Start a [VOTE] thread to [VOTE] on the Mynewt release (along with the given tag) - Should that [VOTE] go through, that tag can then be built into a series of release artifacts:
  - Source tarballs of each repository
  - A build of newt for Mac OS X and Linux

- That can then be posted on the Mynewt website, along with release notes.

Does this sound right?

If so, I'll add release notes, tag, and start the [VOTE] thread.

Thanks,
Sterling