Hello all,

For the past few weeks I have been hinting at a proposal for an updated
NimBLE host API.  It has taken a bit longer than I expected, but I think
the proposal is finally ready to unleash on the dev list.  I have not
pushed any changes to master or develop; I wanted to give the community
an opportunity to voice its approval, objections, and other feedback.

There are two ways to see the updated API:

1. API reference on the Mynewt web site:
http://mynewt.apache.org/develop/network/ble/ble_intro/

(Note: this is the "develop" version in the Version pulldown).

2. The ble_hs_api branch in the Mynewt core repository
(https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-mynewt-core).

Aside from a few cosmetic updates, I believe all the changes are
captured in an email I sent to the list a few weeks back:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/3ed04678b908b8bdcd7ed29ec335bdf64bb1ff44de108900e87ff4c1@%3Cdev.mynewt.apache.org%3E

Very soon it will become a lot more difficult to make changes to the
API, so it is important that we get everything right this time.  Well,
that is a bit ambitious, but we should at least try to fix stuff that is
obviously wrong :). For this reason, I would like to ask everyone
interested to please spend some time looking at the updated API and
voice any thoughts you may have.  If you think anything looks
incomplete, incorrect, or just ugly, I would love to hear about it.
Even if you don't have an alternative to propose, your comments might
start a useful discussion that leads to a solution.  Questions are also
welcome in case something is confusing or unclear.

Finally, I just wanted to thank everyone who provided feedback when I
have asked for it in the past.  I am sure there have been times when I
failed to acknowledge contributions, but rest assured it is all very
much appreciated!

Thanks,