Hi Tim,

Thanks for the report.  I am curious why ble_gap_update_params() did not
work with the Xperia.  One thing I should mention is that the central is
not obligated to update the connection when the peripheral asks it to.
It should have responded to the request, though.

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 04:10:58PM +0100, Tim Hutt wrote:
[...]
> 3. Using a 5 second timeout, then ble_gap_update_params it works as
> expected! I couldn't find in the spec where it mentions the 5 seconds, but
> I guess it is needed in some way.

The five second recommendation is in Vol. 3, Part C, Appendix A, Table
A.1:

Timer name
    TGAP(conn_pause_peripheral)

Value
    5s

Description
    Minimum time upon connection establishment before the peripheral
    starts a connection update procedure

Requirement or Recommendation
    Recommended value

Thanks,