Hi Kevin,

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 01:47:34PM +0200, Kevin Townsend wrote:
> Switching to the 'develop' branch is relatively straight-forward using
> one of the entries in the list here:
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-mynewt-core/blob/master/repository.yml
>
> There doesn't seem to be an obvious option to switch back to 'master'
> though following the advice on the dev list since 'develop' is
> undergoing a lot of work at the moment.
>
> I thought '0-latest' might work, which maps to ' mynewt_0_9_0_tag' but
> that is > 600 commits behind master:
>
> - https://github.com/apache/incubator-mynewt-core/tree/master
>
> - https://github.com/apache/incubator-mynewt-core/tree/mynewt_0_9_0_tag
>
> Should a new entry be adding pointing directly to the 'master' branch or
> am I perhaps missing something obvious here?

No, you aren't missing anything - we should have added a new pointer for
master.  Thanks for catching this!

For reference, here is the current apache-mynewt-core repository.yml
file:

    repo.name: apache-mynewt-core
    repo.versions:
        "0.0.0": "develop"
        "0.7.9": "mynewt_0_8_0_b2_tag"
        "0.8.0": "mynewt_0_8_0_tag"
        "0.9.0": "mynewt_0_9_0_tag"
        "0-latest": "0.9.0"
        "0-dev": "0.0.0"
        "0.8-latest": "0.8.0"
        "0.9-latest": "0.9.0"

I can't think of a new pointer name for master.  Since this is just a
temporary change, I'm thinking we should change 0-dev to point to
master.  0.0.0 would still point to develop.

Thoughts?

Thanks,