On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 10:02:32AM -0700, Christopher Collins wrote:
[...]
> If your application needs to send larger ATT packets, it needs to
> negotiate a greater MTU with its peer.  This is accomplished by calling
> ble_gattc_exchange_mtu()
> (http://mynewt.apache.org/develop/network/ble/ble_hs/ble_gattc/functions/ble_gattc_exchange_mtu/)

There is something else I forgot to add.  After MTU negotiation, the
connection's ATT MTU is set to the *lower* of the two peers' preferred
MTU values.  So, if the peer specifies a small preferred MTU, your
application may still be unable to send full-sized notifications.  In
the worst case, the peer could specify a preferred MTU of 23 bytes.  If
this happens, MTU negotiation will have no effect on the maximum size
ATT packets your application can send.

Thanks,