On Mon, Nov 07, 2016 at 09:45:48AM -0800, marko kiiskila wrote:
> > On Nov 7, 2016, at 8:43 AM, Christopher Collins <ccoll...@apache.org> wrote:
> > Is there a particular reason that you would prefer this?  By my reading
> > of the standard, using angled-brackets for this purpose contradicts
> > their specified purpose, at least in spirit.
>
> Familiarity of practice, I guess.
>
> http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/kernel/sched/core.c
> <http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/kernel/sched/core.c>
> https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=style&sektion=9
> <https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=style&sektion=9>
>
> However, I’m not too tied to this, if you have a very strong preference.

I don't think the Linux or FreeBSD kernels are a good example of
portable code!  Honestly, I don't think there is any practical benefit
in doing it my way.  My only interest in this issue is that I wince
whenever I see user headers being included with angle-brackets.  If
there is any practical reason to do something different, then we should
do it - that's why I asked if there was a particular reason for the
preference.

I think someone will update the coding standards file with some rule,
and everyone will be happy :).