Hi David,

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 01:06:14PM -0500, David G. Simmons wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> Thanks for this detailed write-up on the new os_event and event queue
> handling.
>
> I'm working on adding it all to the existing tutorial on creating and
> managing tasks.
>
> I'm working on folding this all together with modifying the blinky app
> to use the new event_q and add a shell task to blinky which will, I
> hope, solve the problem of making Blinky a 'playground' again while
> also providing the new event queue model in a tutorial.
>
> My main question is if any of the other demo applications have been
> updated to use the new model outlined here or if I'll need to go
> through them all and update them as well.

The other sample apps have been updated to use the new eventq API.  For
apps which already created their own event queues, the only required
change was to designate the default event queue via a call to
os_eventq_dflt_set().

For apps which did not create an event queue (e.g., slinky, ocf_sample),
an event queue and an additional task were added.  The new task just
calls os_eventq_run() in a loop.

Thanks,