BTW, an easy workaround for this would just be rejecting any requests that aren't in the 0x8..0x77 range on the nRF52. That's valid on any chip, to be honest, though only an issue on the nRF52.

I'll see if I spot anything on the logic analyzer tomorrow, though, but I think this is internal to the peripheral block itself inside the chip and so it won't likely appear just looking at the I2C transactions. But I'll let you know once I have it hooked up again.