Sorry, there's something else I forgot to mention.  You'll need to put
the boot loader on your board as well.  You can do this before or after
uploading blinky.

    newt target create boot-frdm-k64f &&
    newt target set boot-frdm-k64f app=@apache-mynewt-core/apps/boot        \
                                   bsp=@apache-mynewt-core/hw/bsp/frdm-k64f \
                                   build_profile=optimized

Then build and upload the boot loader to your board:

    newt build boot-frdm-k64f
    newt load boot-frdm-k64f

Chris